Thursday, January 13, 2011

Official Announcement About the Tolman Family Reunion

Hello Family!
August 2011 marks 10 years since our last Tolman Family Reunion. As you know, I have tried to put together a reunion for some time now, but this is the year!! We cannot let this historic event pass us by. We have to meet at least every 10 years, but hopefully more often than that.

I always loved our family reunions when we were growing up. I looked forward to them every year. I especially liked seeing and playing with all of my cousins. Such fun memories! Let's make more memories together and share those with our children as well.

So mark your calendars for June 24, 25 and 26 for the Tolman Family Reunion in Twin Falls, Idaho. Exciting!! I am excited and I hope you are too! I am working on details like hotels and activities and will let you know soon.

Hope you are all well and happy! Love to all,

8 comments:

  1. Shelly, I think that is a great idea! I just want to put in a plug for everyone to come who are able. Our family went to Arizona last year for a little vacation. We had a blast spending some time with Shelly, Nick, and their family, Cliff and his kids, Carol and Dave. Our kids got along great. I thought it was amazing how these second cousins (or whatever they are) got along like they had been around each other their whole lives. There is nothing like family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a reunion! I applaud this, and any efforts to put it together.
    But (sorry to put a damper on it, if at all) I think it's best to set goals high (as possible); then if we fall short, it's not quite so bad. What I mean is a goal for every five years, at least, for the family reunion. I know we (most of us) have jobs, but anyway, let's do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly you are so good. We would love to have more reunions. And this summer is perfect while we are still in driving distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to try to make it. We will have to wait and see how our schedule is to know for sure. I am excited to have another reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Ann Stokes.
    (I don't have any of the profiles below--maybe that's why you don't have more comments. It has to do with us old folks.)
    Anyway, our whole family remembers and loved the "Bates Motel" reunion 10 years ago. We'd love another one. June 24-26th is good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank, Shelly. Let me know what I can do to help plan! This will be fun!! I, too, loved our reunions growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha...that says Mrs. Giles because I have a class blog on blogspot too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are trying to make it for the family reunion. Should be lots of fun. Let me know what we can do to help. Marita

    ReplyDelete